A/B Test your audio!
The pongasoft A/B 12 Audio Switch is a 2U FREE utility that lets you switch between 12 audio stereo inputs using various approaches.
3 control modes for the 12 inputs
- in single mode, only one input is active at a time and you can switch to another with a single click (or key on your keyboard). Perfect for A/B testing!
- in multiple mode, any combination of inputs can be active at a time (similar to the Solo concept).
- in instrument mode, you control the switch as if you were playing an instrument. Perfect for quickly coming up with creative ideas or live performance.
- 12 Gate In inputs lets you control the switch from another device
- 12 Gate Out outputs lets you control other devices from the switch (ex: a Kong device).
A/B bank switching
The switch is split into 2 banks of inputs which can be independently turned on or off. A convenient control also lets you instantly toggle between the 2 banks, effectively implementing another level of switching.
- Each switch can be labeled independently.
- Each switch has its own volume control.
- A soften toggle helps in eliminating clicks and pops that can occur during switching.
Although designed as a utility, the switch can be used very creatively as well!
Check the documentation for instructions about how to use the switch.
Example of usage
Have multiple versions of an audio you want to compare (ex: different mastering)? Simply connect them to A1, A2, etc... and use Single mode to instantly switch between the different versions.
Want to gate your sound(s)? Connect only one bank, leave the other one empty and use the CV Bank input connected to a Matrix to switch between A & B (sound / no sound => gate effect).
Looking for inspiration? Connect any number of loops (DrRex, Audio tracks, etc...) to the switch and use Instrument mode to "play" portions of a loop with your hardware keyboard. This would be equivalent to muting portions of a waveform, except it is way easier to do and dynamic: no need to edit the sequencer track.
Easily toggle between various samples in a live environment using the Single mode keyboard switching capability.
1.2.1 - 2017/01/20: Bug fix
1.2.0 - 2016/10/21: Added keyboard support in Single mode
1.1.0 - 2015/08/17: Expanded keyboard control in Instr. to all octaves; Added 12 Gate In CV inputs; Added 12 Gate Out CV outputs; Changed design of the back to accommodate 24 new sockets
1.0.1 - 2015/07/13: Fixed minor bugs
1.0.0 - 2015/07/06: First release