Kitchen Sync Sound Transformer is a creative audio effect for guitar, bass, drums, synth and other instruments. If you're looking for something different, you should give this a try. It hard syncs an oscillator to your audio input, creating amazing new sounds that range from lo-fi to synth filter sweeps.
Make your guitars sound like synths and your synths sound like guitars. Bring your bass to life with an electronic distorted punch. Cut through the drum mix with hi-hats and snare effects from crazy alien noise to subtle brightness.
IIf you use the Thor synthesizer, then you probably know what hard sync is: when an oscillator completes a cycle, it will reset a 2nd oscillator running at a higher frequency to the beginning of its cycle. This creates new harmonics that can be unpredictable, but are surprisingly novel. Kitchen Sync takes input audio and uses it to reset an oscillator. If your input audio is from guitar, bass, or other instruments, the resulting sound is something completely new, yet with the pitch and dynamics of what you are playing.
- Sync input audio to oscillator with shapable waveform
- Sync to half or full wave of the input audio
- Envelope follower can control frequency, waveform, volume, or wet/dry mix
- Gate, attack and release controls
- LFO section can control all the major parameters
- Automatable Lowpass filter
- CV inputs can control most of the functions (including volume and wet/dry)
- CV outputs: trigger, and two envelope follower CVs, ans LFO
- Save settings that you like with the patch browser
Kitchen Sync sounds amazing when controlled by its LFO. Sweep the frequency control for wah-like filter effects, or the shape control for unpredictable yet amazing dynamic sounds. Also can be used to dirty up a track—giving a warm and human-sounding lo-fi mix.
Try it out for yourself. It's easy and fun.
"Kitchen Sync adds warmth and that subtle little dirtyness that makes the whole mix sound more human-made, and less digital." -- Michel Ayello, Composer
"...it can create some wild tones. The noise mangler will certainly have a lot of fun." -- Mike "Lizard" Gorman, Sound Designer and Reason User
"it is a really fun device!" -- Fredhoven, Reason User
New in version 1.1: -- LFO section added -- Lowpass filter section added -- Input section now has threshold control -- Patches added -- Height increased to 2U