MIDI step recording has finally arrived in Reason!
Step was inspired by the sequencers found in some classic mono synths. You'll find all the usual features like rests, slides and octave shift -- But why stop there? So we went ahead and added velocity recording, playback directions, on-the-fly scaling and full editing capabilities. The result is fun, fast and addictive!
New in Reason 9: You can now bounce your Step sequences to a track, thanks to the new Player devices in Reason 9. Read all about it here.
If you want pattern capabilities, Step pairs really well with our free RE Select CV Switch!
In Step, recording your sequence is only the beginning. From there the possibilities are endless! You can twist and turn your sequences inside out, transpose them, scale them, and edit them to your heart's content.
You can also edit the Gate Width, Repeat Count and Repeat Mode for each step individually. All of these edits (except for the Gate Widths) can also be fully automated.
Step has its own rock solid sync engine, but you can also clock it from any other device (including Euclid!) if you want. You can force the sequence to restart or steps to be muted using CV signals or automatable buttons.
Step can recognize chords received via a MIDI keyboard or its own sequencer track, and based on that it will select one of 14 supported scales, in any key you want. You can even transpose and scale your sequence independently!
- Recording of up to 32 steps, including velocity
- Starter combinator patches get you up and running without connecting a single cable
- Rests and ties
- Recordings are fully editable in the display
- 7 different playback directions
- Fully ReGroove compatible Shuffle, plus additional modes
- Advanced scaling engine with chord recognition
- 14 supported scales
- External Signal Processor tunes any CV signal
- Can be clocked externally
New in 1.0.1:
- Record ties by playing legato (optional)
- New CV connections for Tie and Position
- All Thru connections now double as Outputs
- Improved Remote support
- Improved performance
New in 1.1.0:
- Per-step Gate Widths
- Per-step Repeat Counts and Modes
- Manual control over Transpose
- Usability/Workflow improvements
- Bug fixes
New in 1.2.0:
- Added automation support for all per-step properties except for Gate Widths
- Added a Slide knob to offset the sequence backwards or forwards in time in MIDI ticks
- Bug fixes
New in 1.2.6:
- New Starter combinators for Resonans (sold separately) and for all the new instruments in Reason 10
- Combinator backdrop
New in 1.2.7:
- Bug fix